In December 2019 I boarded an airplane to Colombia where I would be staying for 10 days. It was supposed to be a Solo trip but I ended up finding a travel partner on Tourlina. Tourlina is a travel app geared specifically for female solo travellers looking to travel with other women. The App matches you with persons who have the same interest and travel dates. I was matched with an amazing German traveller and my experience in Colombia would not have been the same without her.
Colombia is so rich with culture, beautiful, coffee and food. I could have easily spent a whole month there and still not seen experience everything I wanted to. I will say I did get to see and do a lot more than I imagined. Here are the highlights of my trip:
- Cartagena | This beautiful walled city should be very high on everyone’s bucket list
- Tayrona National Park | We took a 24hr trip to this park and managed to hike and catch some beautiful views
- Salento | This place is magical. I was blown away by how beautiful this town is.
- Christmas Cocora Valley Hike | We got up and hiked the entire Cocora Valley, the entire time I kept thinking, this is what Heaven must be like.
- Guatape | Yes! The view at the top of this rock was well worth it.
- Medellin | Bustling heart of Colombia, we got to visit their MOMA and Communa 13. The Street art was well worth it.
I think Colombia must be visited by everyone in their lifetime, if only for the ceviche.